- Underserved Populations: Chapel Hill is a diverse community, however, some populations of youth lack targeted resources that could help them achieve and thrive in our community. Among the populations of youth this grant targets are certain Asian populations, Latinos, and minority males. Priority will be given to projects focused on serving Latino/a youth.
- Applicants must be a nonprofit serving Chapel Hill-Carrboro youth between five and twenty years of age.
- Grant request must be more than $10,000, but may not exceed $20,000.
- Project requests must fall within the priority funding areas that have been identified.
- Grants can be requested for new or existing projects.
- CHC Youth Forward seeks to work closely with selected organization to help provide technical assistance needs. Organizations must be willing to participate in these activities, as they will be designed and implemented with the grantees feedback and needs in consideration.
- Applications must be a federally tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization.
- Services must be provided in Chapel Hill and/or Carrboro.
- CHC Youth Forward may fund up to 15% of indirect costs in its grant request and must provide an appropriately detailed description of such costs.
- Equipment cost, may not exceed 10% direct costs and should be used exclusively on this project.
- Salaries, if requested, are for personnel related to this project only and not the general work performed by employee.
- Review the above funding priorities and guidelines to make sure your project meets the qualifications and requirements.
- Email email@example.com to schedule a call to discuss your potential proposal. You are eligible to apply for only one of the grants available during a cycle.
- Review this quick video on how to complete the grant application.
- Before you complete the online application, feel free to download a copy of the application to prepare the additional documents that you will be asked to upload. The documents you will need to upload includes:
- Copy of the current IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- Narrative: Review the outline of what your narrative should include, as well as formatting guidelines.
- Evaluation: Please download and complete the evaluation template. If you have questions about how to complete the evaluation plan, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Budget: You may use your own budget or the template provided. Simply download a copy of the template and review the instructions that have been provided. In addition, feel free to customize this template to fit your needs.
- Financial Statement: Provide your organization’s most recent audited and/or unaudited financial statement.
- Board membership list with names and affiliations.
- Complete and submit your grant application online. Be sure to answer all the questions in the order listed and within the space required. If you have questions or concerns regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at (919) 960-1673.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm EST on October 12th, 2018. Organizations will be notified no later than November 30th, 2018 as to the status of their application.