Morehead Planetarium: Skywatching at Jordan Lake
December 13 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pmFree
Skywatching sessions are very informal and family-friendly. Each session is scheduled for two hours, but you can arrive and leave at any time during the session. During the evening, you might do any of these things:
- Peek through telescopes for up-close views of celestial objects
- Take a laser-guided “star tour” of the night sky
- Learn where to look for major constellations
- Listen to legends told by ancient cultures about the constellations
- Ask the astronomers for answers to all the astronomy questions you have!
Still have questions about Skywatching? Check out our Skywatching FAQs.
Please note: Because of Earth’s rotation, some sky objects may be visible during only part of a skywatching session, depending on the times they rise and set.